Citrus Energy, LLC is based in Florida and will include plant locations at several of the Citrus processors locations.
- Citrus waste feedstock is an agricultural residue available at no cost and supplied on a continuous basis for 8 months with no transportation costs.
- Company formed as a Florida LLC in 2006 to commercialize technology developed by the USDA Citrus Laboratory in the 1990ís.
- Use the available steam generation capacity, utility infrastructure, existing environmental permits and existing feedmill to reduce the capital cost of ethanol plants.
- Lower cost to produce ethanol than corn.
- Profitable business which can fund development of additional feedstocks to expand business in potentially multi-billion dollar cellulosic ethanol opportunity. Four month off season for new feedstock trials.
Advantages of co-locating are:
- The financial and energy costs of feedstock growing, harvesting, processing, and collection are carried by the primary products (citrus juices).
- Turns citrus waste from an industry liability to an asset; supports the future of one of Florida’s key industries.
- Existing energy infrastructure.
- Existing water, air, and hazardous material permits.
Advantages of our technology are:
- Feedstock is available at the plant at no cost with no transportation costs.
- Feedstock is processed immediately with no requirement for storage.
- This cellulosic process is commercially viable in the short term.
- No toxins produced.
For more information we invite you to contact us.